Was primarily a college work blog, but now that I have finished for the year, it will show more of my own work.

Tuesday 4 May 2010

weekly reflection

Last week i posted that my plan for the week was to finish with my character being fully rigged up, i'm quite confident that ive achieved this, all the bones work well and the character moves nicely with no stretching polygons.

I had no trouble following the rigging guide it was quite simple, the only thing which threw me was that after rigging the arm at first i thought i had done it wrong because the hand controller didnt work properly, to be sure about this i carried on with the guide to see how the heirarchy should be set out, i soon saw that all i had done wrong is left the hand bones and hand controllers inside the arm bone chains.

weight painting was a little awkward because i could use my set selection tags to completely weight paint the head for example. but i soon got it right. the hands were a little awkward as i couldnt attach the hand to the hand bone because that bone was out of the chain, but leaving the hand in the wrist chain isnt really a problem, it just limits movement slightly. I'm not sure if adding an extra bone would solve this.

The last thing which i had to get right was the base of the spine, i spent some time moveing points and chaning which bone affected the top of the legs, because initially the top of the legs were comming out of his back as he lent over and the top of the leg squashed as it hit the bottom of the jacket, some slight tweaking solved this problem.

overall i think my character is pretty much ready to be animated right now.

My time management for this week was pretty much bang on, apart from paperwork, but i planned to get all my rigging done, which i have done, and i have also weight painted my character.

No comments:

Post a Comment