Was primarily a college work blog, but now that I have finished for the year, it will show more of my own work.

Tuesday 4 May 2010

Character modeling

I'm going to upload all the stages of my modeling which i have yet to upload due to time problems. I will briefly go over several stages of creating my character model.

This first screenshot was of creating my characters foot, to start with took my elevation and placed them as backgrounds for 3 different views in cinema 4D as a guide for modeling my character.

The foot started as a cube which i extruded several times and moved the points into place in the point editing mode. When placed in a hypernurbs this foot would smooth out and take the right shape.

The leg was made in the same way as the foot, i started with a cube, gave it roughly the shape and length of the leg, then added several subdivisions i though i would need. I moved the points into place to make the leg shape i wanted based on my elevations.

I also connected the leg to the foot, joining them into one object. I then welded the points of the two parts together using the weld tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment