Was primarily a college work blog, but now that I have finished for the year, it will show more of my own work.

Wednesday 12 May 2010

Character rigging spine


Rigging the spine was quite easy, i started by adding 5 joints using the join tool, which maked 4 bones. I found it easier to make one single bone, which i then split up by holding ctrl and clicking the middle of the bone.

To ensure fluent movement i added a spline to go inside the spine bones. The spline has one less point than the bones. I used snapping to make sure the spline was at the same co-ordinates at the bones.

Next i added Some controllers as i did with the foot, but for the spine there are more to give as much movement as i should need.

I added an Ik tag to the spine base joint, and put the controllers inside it, which affect different joints up and down the spine.

The head join is constrained to the neck as it needs to affect the head without affecting the neck and vice versa.

No comments:

Post a Comment