Was primarily a college work blog, but now that I have finished for the year, it will show more of my own work.

Tuesday 4 May 2010

head


I decided it was time to make a start on creating my characters head. My first attempt i tried to box model the head starting with a cube and moving the points into place, this turned out terribly as seen on the left so i scrapped it.

My next head attempt was using a normal sphere stretched upward to make an oval, this didnt give me the starting point i wanted to i scrapped that too.

Finally i started with a sphere again but this time using hexahedron in the attributed manager. this gives a much better starting point for a head, i lowered the segments very slightly so that when placed in a hypernurbs it wouldnt have a huge polygon count.

I then started to sxtrude different parts of the head to make the shape i wanted, with a point chin and large grinning mouth. Innitially i wasn't sure if it was working, but when i added a nose by extruding two different sections and doing some welding i was a bit happier. After adding some teeth and a mustache as a test of how it would look i was much happier with how it was going.

No comments:

Post a Comment