Was primarily a college work blog, but now that I have finished for the year, it will show more of my own work.

Wednesday 12 May 2010



I foudn this aniamtion and decided to post it. I think the character design of the blue goblin is quite good, and the face has some nice complexity to it. the aniamtion runs to a soundclip of the film 300. The models might be ok, but the animation, esspecially to start with, is jumpy and doesnt look right at all to me, and the movements dont flow well and dont have speed or strength behind them, and there is no follow through on movements.

The facial expressions dont change much and the talking look quite bad, the mouth movement is simple the jaw being lowered with very little movement to the lips or mouth shape, other than it being stretched outward to make it smile.

I really dislike the camera work as it moves at the rate the character does as he moves around which takes even more out of the speed and power of the movements. this might be because he was trying to keep it as much like the film 300 as possibl ebut as there are no background elements and no oponent it it just looks wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment