Was primarily a college work blog, but now that I have finished for the year, it will show more of my own work.

Sunday 15 May 2011

Updates

I've had a number of posts typed up ready to upload for a while, but annoyingly blogger has been down for a good while, so I'm going to put them up now.


02/05/2011 - 08/05/2011 weeks recap
This week was pretty harsh because I've had a lot to do leading up to hand in, including getting my new script sorted, doing a quick final show presentation for PPD, and filming/working on group brief with Gareth. I've managed to get my script pretty much sorted but I'm not completely sure about the end, because my idea was that he is shown as a giant rampaging robot through the animation, but is revealed as a tiny toy robot playing around at the end, and this concept would be a little bit hard for me to get across. After talking with Dave he said that I should go for an idea where he slips on something falling over and blowing himself up, I think this idea would be much easier to get across and would allow me to do some nice animation. I thought that maybe slipping on a ball could make sense because he is on a beach and someone could have been playing with it. I need to do some testing for my comps because now I am doing it all with still for better quality and I will have no need for annoying tacking. Friday was quite a full day, because on the morning I had to present my ideas for final show, I was just going to go with some straight forward things, including a screen showing my animation, a large high quality print of my robot, and possibly a small real model of my robot. in my presentation I was given the idea of making some fake coins in some way, to go with the theme of a coin operated robot, having my branding on the coin, as well as my blog/website address replacing the writing around the side. I think I will try to do this idea, and if the coin can be the size of a real pound coin it would be used as one of those trolley tokens in supermarkets which you use in place of a pound coin which people sometimes have on key rings. I think the presentation went quite well because I got some good ideas. After PPD on Friday me and Gareth went out filming because we both needed additional footage for our animations, I think that we got pretty much everything we needed done, and we were quite lucky with the weather, because it was the same as the first filming trip so we have some continuity.

No comments:

Post a Comment