Was primarily a college work blog, but now that I have finished for the year, it will show more of my own work.

Monday 2 May 2011

My own work and robot animation

Because at this point I don't really have enough time left to complete my original animation idea, and doing some filming and then compositing it all isn't an option because of the style I have chosen, if possible I want to change the animation I make. While filming I got almost all the footage I might need to do my ideas and I think I could end up with a good final piece. So that I don't waste the work I put into my robot, I plan to go with an idea which I had a long time ago while doing test renders, which is making the robot really small, like a toy. I had various ideas for this, and I think any of them would be quite entertaining to watch.

My original idea was always quite ambitions and I had trouble defining the style of the world, with the animatic being around 3 minutes. If it's an options to go with my other ideas for the sake of time, ill be sad to drop my robot animation at least for now, but at least doing it another way will still use my robot and maybe even my other assets.

I have done some tests in cinema 4D to see if compositing my robot works well in the way i plan to use him. My test has my robot as a giant walking out of the fog from the sea towards land. Although i couldn't do any after effects testing, and the robot is composited onto a still image instead of video, at least doing this proved the idea can work.


No comments:

Post a Comment