Was primarily a college work blog, but now that I have finished for the year, it will show more of my own work.

Monday 2 May 2011

Big Blog Update

I haven't updated my blog in quite a long time, so I will be talking about quite a lot of things. I'm going to talk about the current state and progressions of my work, portfolio development, group project, ppd work, and the Berlin trip.

The first thing to talk about is my portfolio development and CV as I needed these done for my current brief and my interview for third year. I finished my CV which I will upload later before leaving for Pictoplasma, and I'm quite happy with how it looks. My portfolio turned out fairly well showing a range of the work I have done over the course. I will upload my PDF portfolio later along with my CV.

Before leaving for Berlin I wanted as much of my portfolio done as possible but I didn't get everything printed, so I had to do this after coming back. This only gave me 2 days to print my work, complete my 300 word statement of intent, and get everything else ready for my interview. I got everything done in time, although my showreel was simply all my animations in a long video and wasn't cut down to the 30 second length I would have liked.

The trip to Pictoplasma in Berlin was quite interesting, as I saw a lot peoples work and found the lectures and screenings interesting. I will upload some of my photos and images from pictoplasma in a later blog post.

After returning from Berlin I got my portfolio sorted and had my interview on Wednesday the 13th of April. I think my interview went ok, it could have been better but it could have been worse. Considering it was my first real interview I don't think I could have done too much better.

The following two weeks were the Easter break and I've had to use this time to complete ppd and work related things. During this week my and Gareth got our filming done for our group brief, and at the same time we both got footage which can be used in our own projects. As my original script was fairly ambitious and at this point I would need to create around 5 more environments/sets in 3D to even create a trailer version of my animation, I'm hoping I will be able to change the second animation I will submit for the current brief. This would allow me to create some work much faster and with I could use the footage and ideas I already got for this purpose, so hopefully there will not be a problem with this, as with the short time I have left I think changing my animation to the ideas I have in mind using the techniques I plan to use wouldn't be too ambitious.

That is pretty much everything up to date, so ill upload individual posts now with pictoplasma info and my cv/portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment