Was primarily a college work blog, but now that I have finished for the year, it will show more of my own work.

Monday 21 February 2011

weekend/monday update

OlD house type with newer sandy looking bricks
New house type with different shape and older looking bricks.

This weekend and today i have been trying to re-do my building in which my coin starts its journey, getting this right has taken much longer than expected but i think after today ill really getting somewhere. Instead of my perfectly square building i have before i've been working on more unusual shapes and extrusions on my buildings. I still haven't decided which on my new building designs to use for my starting house, but on the image i have uploaded here the part sticking out of the right of the house will be made from wood and i have have this collapse as it is only supported by 2 pieces of wood. This will be quite from from what i originally invisioned for this scene, but i think if i do it right it may show off the strange building design of the world and give the viewer a better idea of how this looked in this world. As well as revamping my building desing i have worked on better looking old bricks. I have left behind my sandy looking ones which looked very new, in favour of more pinky orangey brick with two textures layed over all the bricks to add white/grey and darker parts to the bricks to make them look older and give them more imperfections. Although i need to tweak the textures slightly i think doing it this way gives a much better looking and older looking brick than before, and will better suit my works, especially when i get some more textures, plants, and holes in the brick walls going on.

by tomorrow i plan to have several buildings made up and after than i will be putting the first environment together. I will also be doing some of my PPD work this week. I'm really trying to crack out these environments because originally planned to have nearly completed all of them by now, and what i want to get done for hand in will be quite a rush, but i'm making progress with my buildings, despite having problems coming up with some building designs due to lack of reference along with other things. I will upload the weeks timetable tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment