Was primarily a college work blog, but now that I have finished for the year, it will show more of my own work.

Friday 11 February 2011

this weeks progress

This week and last i started work modeling my assets to make up my environments for my robot animation. Last friday we made a stop-motion animation in groups using blu-tac, This animation wont upload as there is a missing file stopping it playing, but i will try to get it uploaded soon if i can. So far the modeling of my buildings is going ok, i decided to work on making my buildings out of individual bricks as textures looked rubbish for close up objects. My distant buildings will be textured, but my close up ones will use individual bricks. although, i'm having trouble getting things right, as keeping the polygon count low enough while having a good looking brick is proving difficult, and getting the texture colour right is awkward too.

This example is of a building test i made that uses medium polygon, fairly rounded bricks, and a kind of sandy coloured brick texture. The main problem with this house is that it is 200,000 polygons or so, even though it uses instances.

No comments:

Post a Comment