Was primarily a college work blog, but now that I have finished for the year, it will show more of my own work.

Sunday 27 February 2011

Building render terrible scene

This was just a render of a terrible scene set up, i am having trouble getting the composition of the buildings and the terrain shape right as i have said. As well as this problem, it is very hard to navigate such a large 3D environment, even if it just mainly for two scenes and only the central point will be used. The scene was very laggy, which didn't help either. The way i have made my buildings is that they are a huge amount of polygons which are instanced objects, but i have them hidden in editor so it doesn't create even the slightest lag, and i have very simple shapes representation the buildings which are hidden in renderer. Doing this lets me position my buildings with as little trouble as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment