Was primarily a college work blog, but now that I have finished for the year, it will show more of my own work.

Saturday 9 October 2010

robot eyelid shutters

Since I need shutter eyelids on my robot to show expressions, i thought i should get this done now so my model sheet is good to go whenever i need it.

to get the shutters to work my first idea was to use morph tags so that i could move the points and hide them inside the goggles and have the shutters morph out. I decided this was a stupid idea quite quickly as it was tedious and wouldn't work. Then i had the idea to use a boole object to hide the shutter when its outside of the goggle so it wont show in the render. I used a torus object since i decided it was a good enough primitive for it, and made it the right size. I think this works perfectly and should animate well, giving a good amount of movement on the eyelid.


No comments:

Post a Comment