Was primarily a college work blog, but now that I have finished for the year, it will show more of my own work.

Thursday 4 November 2010

Carrot dynamics tests

Today I worked on getting the physics right for the carrot as part of the animation needs a lot of carrots to fall on the character. I had to simplify the carrot as much as possible without it looking bad so it would actually work with cinema 4D's dynamics engine. I replaced the carrots "leaves" with a simpler group of 3 flat polygons.

I found out that the way the dynamics work, when you've got the things that fall to move how you want them to, you can bake the solver object which basically keyframes the affected objects as they play through using the gravity. This means the objects can play through using keyframes so they move at the same speed as any other object, which helps with both testing play throughs and rendering.

No comments:

Post a Comment